Open Streets is coming back in April – can you help us?!
Open Streets on #theother5th has been a huge success these past two years thanks to ongoing community support. We started in July of 2020 with just four blocks in the north Slope and have expanded our reach across 15 blocks. This year we’re looking forward to an even more exciting and robust schedule of events. We’re kicking off on SATURDAYS from April 23rd to October 29th and SUNDAYS in May & June (with the exception of June 19th which is the 7th Avenue Street Fair).
Events to look forward to during our 2022 Season on #theother5th:
Art Stroll (May)
The Fabulous Fifth Avenue Fair (May)
Brooklyn Pride Fair and Twilight Parade in (June)
Artisan Market (June – with potential for fall return)
Movies on the 4th Street Plaza every Saturday (July only)
80s Disco (Summer 2022)
Salsa Party (August)
Bindlestiff Circus (Fall 2022)
Kids’ Variety Show (Fall 2022)
The Park Slope Fifth Avenue BID, a 501(c)3 non profit organization, will be receiving some funds from the City, however it won’t be enough. We would like to raise $50,000 from the community, restaurants and corporate sponsors in order to pay for the complete program. We did it last year, we hope we can do it again. What do you get for your dollars? Funds will be spent on:
– Crew needs – a seasonal crew to open and close the blocks (while ensuring our safety) and manage the 4th Street Plaza
– Communications and visibility – radios, vests, hats and other safety equipment
– Signage – clear signage and reflector tape- enough to cover the length of Fifth Avenue
– Barriers – DOT traffic, concert and construction barricades
– Event crew – extra crew to help with programming days (to support all the programming mentioned above)
We thank you for your continued support in providing car free blocks for everyone to enjoy and supporting our small businesses.
Park Slope Fifth Avenue Business Improvement District